This is unusual but thoroughly delicious smoothie. The recipe is for 2.
- 6 oz. cooked beets (yes, really)
- 1/2 cup chilled orange juice*
- 5 tbsp. plain yogurt, chilled
- 1/3 cup chilled mineral water – NOT FIZZY
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- touch of honey
- orange slices for decoration
First and foremost, place the beets in the blender and puree until smooth. Now add all ingredients, except the orange slices and process all until really smooth.
Pour into chilled glasses and decorate with orange slices.
If you can, use blood oranges and blood orange juice if they are in season *
This recipe is from my cookbook “The B & B Cookbook”.