Sometimes we want to do something a little different. Take a deep breath and say to yourself ‘damn, I can do this”. It isn’t hard to do but boy, oh boy, will everyone be impressed.
This will serve 4
- 3 large seedless English Cucumbers
- 6 cups torn baby greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced really thin wedges
- small can of water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
- You will reuire a mandolin to make the bowl.
Move the cucumber lengthwise down the mandolin several times each cucumber to get strips. Take 3 of your best ones to make each bowl. It takes 3 strips to make a bowl and make ends about 2 inches back of each one and curl around to make a bowl.
Toss the greens, oniopns and chestnuts with the dressing and CAREFULLY spoon the mixture in each ‘bowl’.
If you can find any flowering chives (from your local market) stand a couple of them in each salad.
This is sooooo pretty and the cucumber bowl salad will keep people talking about it for a long time.