Summer is here…hot outside and leftover chicken in the refrigerator. WOW…try this and make the best roast chicken sandwiches ever.
- 8 slices of sandwich bread (white or whole wheat)
- 3 tbsp. basil pesto
- 3/4 – 1 lb. roast chicken, sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, skinned, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 slices of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter, if you prefer
Using a spoon, evenly divide the pesto and spread on one half of the sandwich.
Place the chicken, red pepper, and cheese on 4 slices of the bread. Top with the remaining 4 slices and, with a brush, slightly brush both outer bread slices with the oil. Or, if you prefer, use butter .
If you have a panini pan, great. If not, using a frypan cook each sandwich about 4 minutes per side.
Have a small salad to accompany this wonderful sandwich and, of course, a glass of wine. Life can be very, very, very good.