This is a nice change of pace…as long as you have either a barbecue or simply heat a grill pan on the stove top. Add a glass of Chardonnay and the pairing is unbelieveable.
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped fine
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- juice from 4 limes
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt and pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
- 4 blocks of sushi-quality tuna
- 4 ripe avocados, halved, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 1/2 cups greens of your choice
Preheat grill on high heat or heat grill pan on stove-top until hot. Season the tuna with some kosher salt and pepper. Lay the tuna on the hot grill and sear for 1 minute on each side until a slight crust. Drizzle the tuna with a couple of teaspoons of the vinaigrette. Transfer to 4 plates with the salad greens and avocado slices arranged in a circle and drizzle with the dressing, serving the rest on the side to be added as wanted.
As I said, add a glass of chilled Chardonnay and you have a feast fit for a king .