I love pasta….any kind and almost in any way. This is easy to make, delightful to eat and you won’t be sorry you tried it.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- finely grated zest from 4 limes
- pinch of sea salt and white pepper
- 1 lb. fresh fettucine
- 1/2 lb. asparagus trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces diagonally
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
Combine the butter and whipping cream in a heavy skillet. Bring to a boil and add the lime juice and zest. Continue cooking until reduced by one third. Remove from heat and add the salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt. By using the fresh pasta, add the asparagus at the same time and cook for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes. Drain both.
Reheat the sauce and add the pasta and asparagus, stirring to coat. Add the grated cheese and stir to incorporate. Serve with a wedge of lime, slice of garlic toast, green salad and, of course, a glass of chilled white wine.