Living on the edge here….It is not hot-hot and a delightful take on Italian lasagna.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp. red curry (depends on your taste)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (36% if you can find it)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, center rib removed, torn up
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 8 oz. shrimp, cleaned, shelled
- 8 oz. scallops, muscle removed
- 8 oz. crab meat, free of any cartilege
- basil and coriander leaves, to taste
- 3 zucchini, cut in thin strips and blanched
- 2 rice lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a sauce pan melt the butter, add the curry paste and cook for 60 seconds. Add the milk, cream and leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir to blend well. Season with the fish sauce and discard the lime leves.
Add the seafood and bring to the boil for 2 minutes, stirring gently. Remove from heat and add herbs. Stir together and let cool down.
Using a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, place a layer of noodles, half the seafood mixture and half the zucchini and one third of the cheese. Repeat the layering, ending with a layer of noodles and top with remaining cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until it bubbles and the cheese is melted.
Serve with a crisp salad and a lovely chilled Pinot Gris.