Who says turkey has to be boring. This little treat will make you think differently. It doesn’t have to be Christmas to enjoy this tasty bird. Try it, you will be surprised.
- 1 1/4 lb. fresh ground turkey
- 4 tbsp. sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Hungarian smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh sage leaves, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked very crisp
- 2 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese per burger
- 4 fresh figs, cut into pieces, skin on
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients up to and including the salt and pepper. Preheat the barbcue to high heat and cook well. Shape 4 burgers.
Butter and lightly grill. To assemble, place a burger on bottom half of four buns, add the crisp bacon slices on each one. Top with the cheese and chopped figs. Put top on, take a big bite and wahoo! turkey wins the day.