- You would almost think this would be a dessert but it is a savory dish that pairs beautifully with spring lamb. It can also be used as an appetizer. By using prepared wonton skins, you take a gourmet dish and make it simple.
This will serve 6.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cups Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 36 prepared wonton skins 3″ x 3″
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the filling mix together the ricotta and Gorgonzola cheeses, pepper and 3 tbsp. walnuts. Drop 2 generous tsp. of filling onto 18 wonton skins. Dampen the top edges with water. Top each skin with another wonton skin and press to seal.
Gently drop the ravioli into the boiling water. Cook for 2 1/2-3 minutes or until the ravioli rises to the surface. Drain carefully with a slotted spoon. Place 3 ravioli on each serving plate.
Melt the butter in a saucepan then heat the walnuts in the butter. Spoon butter and walnuts over the ravioli and sprinkle parmesan cheese over.
Oh my goodness…..yummy!