Easy-peasey for dinner. If you don’t eat poultry, change out the chicken for firm tofu. Can’t get any easier for sure.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes OR white mushrooms, brushed and quartered
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups firmly packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced (or not)
- 12 oz. linguine pasts
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
Cut the chicken into strips, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute in a skillet with 1 tbsp. of the oil until the chicken becomes golden (about 3 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, add the tomatoes (or mushrooms), shallot, garlic, oregano and remaining oil, cooking for about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and saute until the tomatoes start to split (2-3 minutes).
Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through.
Meanwhile cook the linguine for about 10 minutes until tender but still firm. Drain, return to the pot and add the sauce to it. Toss gently to coat and serve with the cheese sprinkled on top. All you need now is some garlic toast and Voila! Dinner is served.