When we ran the B & B we ran for so many years, I always had different muffins on the go, and this combination makes this one another one to try. They won’t last long either.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate melting discs, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
This is made in two steps.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour, mixing until smooth. Add the egg and beat to combine. Stir in 2/3 cup of the melting discs and set aside
- In another bowl, add the remaining melting discs, coconut and pistachios. Set aside
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking chocolate powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup strong black coffee, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Crisco oil
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, chocolate powder, soda and cinnamon, whisking together until well combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together the coffee, oil and vinegar. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixing until moistened. Do not over beat.
In a prepared muffin tin, fill half full and then add a rounded tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture and top with 1 tbsp. of the coconut mixture.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes and turn out on rack to cool. Serve warm.