With the remaining pumpkin I made these and my granddaughter thought the mini ‘pies’ were the best. Add whipping cream and you have your very own pie.
- 30 tart shells (frozen ones work well)
- 2 large eggs
- remaining canned pumpkin from muffin recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- whipped cream for topping
Beat the eggs well with a whisk and then add all the remining ingredients until well blended. Place the shells on baking trays and fill each shell equally. It takes a touch less than 1/4 cup measure.
Bake for 25-28 minutes in a 375 degree oven until the crust turns a nice golden colour.
When cool (if you can really wait that long), add a generous splash of whipped cream and let the world go by. More tea?
- Note: This is the best and most economical way to use up a can of pure pumpkin and have no waste – just joy.