I know I am not the only person on this planet that loves, yes I said LOVES, hotdogs. Here is a little different way to prepare them.
This will take about 6-7 minutes to make up and you can make a 6 of them.
- 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple (eyes removed and cored)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 6 bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices havarti jalapeno cheese, halved
- 6 hot dog rolls, sliced open along the top, not the side.
In a frypan, saute the pineapple in butter until starting to turn a light brown; add the maple syrup and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Grill the hotdogs for a minute on each side and keep warm.
Place the cheese slices along the bun and warm until the cheese begins to melt, and then add the hot dog, and top with the pineapple and crumbled bacon. OMG! This is soooo tasty.