The days are finally in summer temperature mode and I thought this would help out for making a light supper to be enjoyed on the deck.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pinch of pepper and crushed oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- spring salad mix (about 7-8 cups)
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped coarsely
Mix the first 6 ingredients in a jar with lid and shake well. Let stand for 1 -1 1/2 hours to allow them to mellow out.
Cook the chicken over the grill, uncovered for about 15 minutes, until tender and no longer pink. Cool slightly.
On 4 plates, arrange the salad greens, topping with the grapes, goat cheese and nuts. Slice each breast and arrange 1 per plate. Shake the dressing and drizzle over all.
Add a glass of your favourite chilled white wine and simply enjoy.