The nice weather has finally arrived and this is a great way to enjoy a lunch on the deck or a starter for dinner. Your choice…but maybe you’ll want both. A salad with a protein is always welcomed.
Soak wooden skewers in water for about an hour.
- uncooked pineapple wedges cut into 1 inch chunks 12-15
- 20-30 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4-5 cups mixed greens
- add your favourites such as: green seedless grapes, halved,
- 4-5 strawberries- hulled, baby tomatoes, toasted pecans or salad toppings, raw mushroom slices
- The above ingredients will serve 4-5 people.
- 1/2 cup Pear juice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
In a blender, puree all the ingredients until really smooth.
In a small bowl briskly drizzle the olive oil and whisk into all the ingredients to form a dressing type of marinade. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
In a separate large bowl, prepare the salad and your toppings.
- 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade
- 2 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps. pear juice
- 1/2 tsp, Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat your grill to a high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread them onto the soaked skewers. Cook each side for 1-1 1/2 minutes until they are opaque throughout.
On separate skewers, thread the pineapple cubes and cook a few minutes longer than the shrimp so the centers become soft.
Serve the salad onto individual plates, add the shrimp and pineapple cubes and drizzle the Vinaigrette over the top. Here you get to use as much as you want on your plate.
Warm rolls and you have a wonderful meal.