This month is going to be hard on the calorie counters and those trying to be good. With that in mind, this quick meal will help you in that regard.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot reserves
- 1 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 8 oz. ground veal or pork
- 4 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Cheddar cheese
- Barbecue sauce – homemade or bottled
In a large bowl combine the egg, onion, panko, 2 tbsp. of the preserves, Worchestershire sauce, oregano and a pinch of pepper. Add the ground meat and mix really well. Shape into 4 equal patties.
On your grill, place the patties over a medium heat and cook until you have the correct doneness (internal temp. should be 165 degrees). Turn over and brush with the remaining preserves hallway through the cooking time.
Remove and place each pattie on a bun bottom and top with the cheese, any barbecue sauce you wish and other condiments as you would love. For me, it would be fried mushrooms.
Now, that was easy and certainly tasty. Enjoy!